At SSS-Force we understand the importance of choosing the right fire marshal or fire warden company for your site. We take fire seriously and move quickly to ensure your site, colleagues, occupants and general public a safe and free from harm or damage.
Fire Prevention is the better option
We pride ourselves on offering flexible and unique solutions to companies that best meet their fire issues. We can provide you with fire cover for the following sites:
|Colleges||Construction sites||Corporate offices|
|Private/Public Housing||Restaurants||Retail Units|
SSS-Force are committed to making sure your premises are as safely guarded from the threat of fire. Our highly trained and experienced staff work to all current safety regulations and are trained to deal with a variety of situations. We offer our guards internal and external training to ensure they are kept updated with current procedures Our services can be provided to your site on a short-term or long-term basis and is always competitively priced.
Our fire marshals/wardens are trained to:
- Conduct a risk assessment to Identify fire hazards at your site
- Note and report hazards to the ‘responsible person’
- Remove any unsafe items stored inappropriately
- Checking the smoking areas are kept clean and ashtrays are emptied regularly
- Take the correct action in the event of a fire
- Record all details in a logbook
- Familiarise themselves with the designated assembly point
- Ensure that all fire-resisting doors are kept shut, and locked shut where required
- Ensure that escape routes are kept clear and can be used effectively at all times
- Provide assurance to residents of the building and direct them to fire escapes
- Conduct fire drills to ensure alarm systems and procedures are operating
- Report any concerns to the ‘responsible person’ for the building or call 999
Once our fire marshals are alerted to a fire they must:
- Respond to fire alarm systems
- Call the emergency services
- Alerting residents within 10-15 minutes of operation of a smoke alarm
- Evacuate people from the area involved via practised routes
- Ensure that anyone who is pregnant or with disabilities are appropriately assisted
- Conduct a floor sweep to ensure no one is left behind
- Knocking on each flat door and/ or using horns to alert residents
- Make themselves visible at the assembly point
Our guards receive industry lead training to ensure they deal with every fire alarm activation as quickly as possible, informing the fire brigade immediately and keeping any potential losses to your business and the public to a minimum. Every alarm activation is treated with the same priority be it real or false and dealt with in the appropriate manner.
Our staff are fully trained to ensure they fully understand the purpose of their role and the tasks they are responsible for both during service hours and in the event of a fire. We provide them with general health and safety training and basic first aid training too, although we advise our guards that active first aid and fire-fighting is best left to the experts.
The key to our service is communication as it is important that staff are constantly in touch with each other. We provide our guards with two-way radios to facilitate this and ensure our control room are always available to deal with the guard’s queries. We provide our guard with hi-vis outerwear to ensure they are highly visible to colleagues and people they may encounter on their patrols at all times. Fire alarm activation can suspend electrical services on sites, so we provide our staff with torches and power back up to ensure they can still complete their duties and keep your site safe and navigate people to safety.
Helping us to perform our role
Here are some tips to keep your site safe:
- Make sure all electrical devices are PAT Tested.
- Ensure that health and safety policies are up to date
- Conduct regular fire risk assessments
- Link your business automatically to a fire service